Little Hillers & Junior Hillers Summer Playground Group
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Hopkinton Parks & Recreation is proud to offer Playground Group for summer 2019!
Little Hillers, ages 5-7, will join us at Center School from 8:30am-3:30pm for a fun filled week of arts and crafts, sports activities, games and a weekly visit from a variety of outside entertainers such as Animal Adventures, the High Flying Frisbee Dogs, Top Secret Science and more. The week ends with a pizza and Popsicle party!
Junior Hillers, ages 8-12, will join us at Elmwood School from 8:30am-3:30pm for a week of Olympic events; field trips to Sandy Beach and Water Wizz Amusement Park and more. The week ends with an Olympic Ceremony, pizza and Popsicles.
New this year! Extended day! You've spoken, we listened. There is now an option for your child to stay with us until 5:30pm.
Session 1: June 24-28
Session 2: July 8-12
Session 3: July 15-19
Session 4: July 22-26
Session 5: July 29- August 2
Session 6: August 5-9
Please pack a lunch, snacks and a reusable water bottle for your child.
Please ensure that your child's medical information on your Hopkintonrec.org account is up to date
with any allergies or concerns we should be aware of.
Call Parks and Rec with any questions: 508-497-9750
- You may not drop off your child prior to 8:20am. Drop off runs from 8:30-9:00am.
- You must sign child in at the desk.
- For parents with children at BOTH LOCATIONS ONLY, there will be a 15 minute grace period pick up added to your pick up time.
- Late pickup policy: Any child being picked up after hours will be charged $1.00 per minute late. This fee will be payable, in cash, before the next day. No child will be admitted without payment.
- Prescription medicines will not be given by staff. You may come to the session and dispense medications to your child. Epi pens are exempt from this rule. On Monday, please bring an epi pen labeled with your child's name on it. Our head counselors will store the pens in a cooler for the week and return the pen to you at the end of the session. The cooler travels with the head counselors on field trips. Our head counselors and at least 2 staff members on site are CPR certificated and trained in the proper use of epi pen administration.
- No child is permitted to leave the group unless accompanied by a counselor. No child will be released to anyone unless that person is on the authorized pickup list you provide. There will be a sign in and out sheet.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Families will be charged for any malicious damage done to town property or equipment.
- Children are expected to cooperate with the counselors. Any child who is considered disruptive may be asked to leave after a conference with parents. We reserve the right to cancel enrollment, with no refunds, at any time due to disruptive behavior.
- All children need to bring a lunch and drink and snack in a insulated bag or box.
If you withdraw from a program at anytime prior to two weeks before the program start date, you will receive an account credit good towards other Parks and Recreation programs. Account credits do not expire. Account credit will not be issued if the cancellation takes places within two weeks of the program start date. Cancellations due to a medical emergency will have the option to receive an account credit or a refund at anytime with proper medical documentation. If a program is cancelled by Parks and Recreation, you will have the option to receive an account credit or a refund for that program.