Playground Group - Summer Program
• Register •
Hopkinton Parks & Recreation is proud to offer Playground Group for summer 2017!
Little Hillers, ages 5-7, will join us at Center School from 8:30am-3:30pm for a fun filled week of arts and crafts, sports activities, games and a weekly visit from a variety of outside entertainers such as Animal Adventures, the High Flying Frisbee Dogs, Top Secret Science and more. The week ends with a pizza and Popsicle party!
Junior Hillers, ages 8-12, will join us at Elmwood School from 9:00am-4:00pm for a week of Olympic events; field trips to Sandy Beach and Water Wizz Amusement Park and more. The week ends with an Olympic Ceremony, pizza and Popsicles.
Session 1: June 26-30
Session 2: July 10-14
Session 3: July 17-21
Session 4: July 24-28
Session 5: July 31- August 4
Session 6: August 7-11
Mandatory for all Hillers: We must receive a copy of your child’s most recent physical by June 17th. Please upload the form via your Parks and Rec account or send it to our office at 18 Main St.
Please submit your child's medical forms/physical to us online:
Log in to your family account
Click on Add/Edit Members on top bar and choose the child/member you are registering for the program
At the bottom of the page click on "add summer medical release"
Upload Medical Release
Call Parks and Rec with any questions about this process - 508-497-9750
- Please pack a lunch, snacks and a reusable water bottle for your child.
- Little Hillers -New exciting activities and games and new special guests added this year! Weekly arts and crafts activities too
- Junior Hillers will go to Sandy Beach twice during the week and once to Water Wizz.
- You may not drop off your child prior to 8:20 AM for Little Hillers or 8:50 AM for Junior Hillers.
- You must sign child in at the desk.
- There will be no refunds for this program.
- In order to secure a spot, please sign up for all sessions in advance.
- Many sessions sell out quickly.
Requirements for Playground Group
- A copy of your child up-to-date medical immunization records must be on file with Parks & Recreation before sessions start.
- Registration will be voided if these forms are not submitted by June 17th.
- Massachusetts and the Town of Hopkinton require that all children must have a medical form on file. This includes proof of vaccination.
- Prescription medicines will not be given by staff. You may come to the session and dispense to your child.
- No child is permitted to leave the group unless accompanied by a counselor. No child will be released to anyone unless that person is on the authorized pickup list you provide. There will be a sign in and out sheet.
- Late pickup policy: Any child being picked up after hours will be charged $1.00 per minute late. This fee will be payable, in cash, before the next day. No child will be admitted without payment.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Children will be charged for any malicious damage done to town property or equipment.
- Children are expected to cooperate with the counselors. Any child who is considered disruptive may be asked to leave after a conference with parents. We reserve the right to cancel enrollment, with no refunds, at any time due to disruptive behavior.
- All children need to bring a lunch and drink and Snack in a cooled bag or box.
- Included in each session will be arts and crafts instruction, games and story time.
- Once a week there will be a special guest.
- There will be a kid’s pool/sprinkler to cool off.
- Little Hillers is held at Center School from 8:30am-3:30pm
Junior Hillers Sports Group
- Boys and girls will enjoy all kinds of sports activities in this group.
- Water Wizz field trip (additional charge) on Wednesdays
- Trip to Sandy Beach twice a week to swim, with our staff and lifeguards on duty at all times.
- Junior Hillers is held at Elmwood School from 9:00am-4:00pm